- Kentucky woman ends up hospitalized after picking up a $1 bill at McDonald’s.
- Within minutes of picking it up, she had collapsed on the restaurant floor.
- Immediately, her family drove her to St. Thomas Ascension Hospital for treatment.
INCREDIBLE! IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE. A Kentucky woman is hospitalized after picking up a one dollar bill at McDonald’s. Although her health was seriously compromised, she survived to tell her story and alert other people to the potential danger.
Renee Parsons and her husband Justin, residents of Lexington, Kentucky, were on their way to a conference in Dallas, Texas with two of their children when they decided to stop at a McDonald’s that was on the way. They didn’t know the risk they were running.
Woman is hospitalized after picking up $1 bill at McDonald’s
The couple stopped at a McDonald’s in Nashville, Tennessee, on Sunday afternoon. Renee walked into the restaurant and found a one dollar bill on the floor and she picked it up without thinking. Within minutes she had collapsed on the restaurant floor.
“As I was walking inside, there was a dollar on the floor just hanging out, so I picked it up, not thinking anything of it,” Renee Parsons said in an interview with local outlet WSMV. The woman’s innocent action sent her to a local hospital almost immediately.
What happened when she picked up the bill?
Renee says that ten minutes after she picked up the bill, she felt her body go numb and she could barely speak or breathe. “She hadn’t said anything for a while, then said, ‘Justin, I am sorry. I love you,’” her husband Justin recounted.
«It’s like your body is just shutting down,» she said of the terrifying experience. Finally, Renee passed out in the middle of the restaurant. Immediately, her family drove her to St. Thomas Ascension Hospital for treatment, WSMV reported.
What was on the bill?
Medical documents at the hospital indicate that Renee Parsons had an accidental drug overdose. The couple believes that the dollar bill Renee picked up off the floor of McDonald’s was contaminated with fentanyl and that it gave her a bad reaction. Although it is not clear what type of drug she was exposed to, Renee said bluntly: “What I do know is how I felt, what happened. It can’t be made up.»
There are still different versions of what happened. For one thing, local police who went to the hospital after the incident said officers found no residue on the bill, though they didn’t actually test for fentanyl because they’re not charging anyone. Still, the police have told WSMV that they will destroy the note.
Different versions of what happened
On the other hand, Dr. Rebecca Donald, a fentanyl expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, told WSMV that she believed, “it is really unlikely the substance this lady got into her system is fentanyl based on the symptoms she had.” In addition, people are not usually exposed to harmful levels from skin-to-skin contact alone.
The expert added that it is possible that the patient’s medical history and any medication she has been taking could have contributed to the development of symptoms. Donald took the opportunity to remind that anything contaminated with fentanyl represents a threat to safety and could be life-threatening.