Sebastián Rulli is an Argentine actor based in Mexico who has participated in film, theater and television. He was born on July 6, 1975 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, a country where he took his first steps in acting and eventually left to seek an opportunity for professional growth in Mexico.
- Real name: Sebastián Óscar Rulli
- Place of birth: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Date of birth: July 6, 1975
- Occupation: Actor and model
- Couple: Angelique Boyer (2014-present); Cecilia Galliano (2007-2011)
- Sons: one; Santiago Rulli Galliano
- nationality: Argentinian
Sebastian Rulli’s couple
- Angelique Boyer (2014-present)
- Cecilia Galliano (2007-2011)
Children of Sebastián Rulli
- Santiago Rulli Galliano
Sebastián Rulli’s career began formally in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where he is from. Before being an actor, Rulli dabbled in modeling, a profession that took him to the most important catwalks in America and Europe; Thanks to the positioning that modeling gave him, in 1995 he received his first opportunity to appear on television, debuting as an actor in the youth strip “Montaña Rusa”.
However, Sebastián Rulli only participated in four Argentine productions, since at the end of the 90s he decided to emigrate to Mexico, a place that offered him better job opportunities. Arriving in the Mexican capital, he entered the Artistic Education Center of Televisa (CEA), school where he received formal education in acting.
His first telenovela in Mexico was “Primer amor… a mil x hora”, a youth-style melodrama starring Anahí, Kuno Becker, Ana Layevska and Rulli. This production had a great reception among the audience, and placed Sebastián as one of the young actors with the greatest potential on Mexican television.
This was just the beginning of a successful career, since since then Rulli has stood out for being one of the most sought-after protagonists of Televisa. Among the soap operas he has starred in are “Rubí”, “A hook to the heart”, “What life stole from me”, “Three times Ana” and “Papá a toda madre”.
In recent years, he has played the character of Miguel Garza in the series “El Dragón”, a joint production between Televisa and Netflix in which he shares credits with Renata Notni, José Elías Moreno and Cynthia Klitbo.
Participation in cinema
|2005||Star Skin (documentary)||The same|
|2016||Two policemen in distress||John Torres|
|2018||My purpose is you (short)||Miguel Garza|
|nineteen ninety five||Roller coaster, another turn (Telenovela)||Ignacio|
|1997||Crazy about them (Telenovela)||Johnny|
|1997||Naranja y media (Telenovela)||Sebastian|
|1998||Summer of ’98 (Soap opera)||Willy|
|2000||First love, at a thousand an hour (Soap opera)||Mauricio|
|2000||Eternal summer (Soap opera)||Willy|
|2001||First love, three years later (Special)||Mauricio|
|2001||Conceived without sin (Soap opera)||Marco Vinicio Martorel Hernández|
|2002||Woman, real life cases (Program)|
|2002–03||Class 406 (Soap opera)||Juan Esteban San Pedro|
|2003||El gordo y la flaca (Show program)||The same|
|2004||Ruby (Soap opera)||Hector Ferrer Garza|
|2004||Do not stain (Program)||The same|
|2004||Rubí, the cheeky (Special)||Hector Ferrer Garza|
|2004||Alegrijes and rebujos (Soap opera)||Rogelio Díaz Market|
|2005||Against all odds (Soap opera)||Sebastian Cardenas Contreras|
|2005||The Cristina Show (Talk Show, Talk Show)||Himself, special guest|
|2005||The 50 most beautiful of People en Español (Awards ceremony)||The same|
|2006||Ugly Betty (TV Series)||Father Pedro / Galán|
|2006–07||World of beasts (Soap opera)||Juan Cristóbal Martínez Guerra|
|2006||The most (Special)||The same|
|2006||My love (Soap opera)||Juan Cristobal|
|2007–08||Passion (Soap opera)||Santiago Marquez|
|2007||La Familia P. Luche (Comedy show)||Plumber|
|2008–09||A hook to the heart (Soap opera)||Mauricio Sermeño|
|2009||100 Mexicans said (Contest program)||Himself, guest contestant|
|2010||When I Fall in Love (Soap opera)||Roberto Gamba|
|2010–11||Teresa (Soap opera)||Arturo de la Barrera Azuela|
|2012–13||True loves (Soap opera)||Francisco Guzman|
|2013–14||What life stole from me (Soap opera)||Alejandro Almonte|
|2016–17||Three times Ana (Soap opera)||Santiago Garcia / Marcelo Salvaterra|
|2017–18||Dad to every mother (Soap opera)||Mauricio Lopez Garza|
|2019 – present||The Dragon (TV Series)||Miguel Garza|
Recognitions and Award nominations
- Year 2008; Nominated for the TVyNovelas Awards in the category “Best co-star actor” for his performance in the telenovela “Pasión”
- Year 2010; Winner of the ACE Awards in the category “Best Actor” for “Teresa”
- Year 2010; Winner of the Bravo Awards in the category “Best Actor” for “Teresa”
- Year 2010; Nominated for the TVyNovelas Awards in the category “Best Leading Actor” for his performance in the telenovela “A hook to the heart”
- Year 2011; Nominated for the TVyNovelas Awards in the category “Best Leading Actor” for his performance in the telenovela “Teresa”
- Year 2012; Winner of the ACE Awards in the category “Best Actor” for “A Hook to the Heart”
- Year 2014; Nominated for the TVyNovelas Awards in the category “Best Leading Actor” for his performance in the telenovela “Amores verdaderos”
- Year: 2015; Winner of the TVyNovelas Awards in the category “Best Leading Actor” for his performance in the telenovela “Lo que la vida me robó”
- Year: 2017; Winner of the TVyNovelas Awards in the category “Best Leading Actor” for his performance in the telenovela “Trestimes Ana”
Private life of Sebastián Rulli
After maintaining a friendship of several years with the Argentine actress and model Cecilia Galliano, the two formalized their relationship in 2007 and were married a year later. From this union their first son, Santiago, was born in 2010.
The couple decided to end their marriage in 2011, amid a series of allegations that included a legal dispute in which Galliano was victorious. Currently, the actress and host has declared to the press that they both maintain a cordial relationship in which both ensure the well-being of their son.
He is currently in a romantic relationship with the actress Angelique Boyer, whom he met during the recordings of the telenovela “What life stole from me”, in 2013. Since then, they have positioned themselves as one of the most solid couples in the artistic medium Mexican, sharing part of their daily life on their social networks.